DIRECTV Genie and Wireless Genie Mini
If you would like to purchase a Genie Mini, you can either call us at the phone number at the top of this page or you can enter your information below and we'll call you.
Now, from DIRECTV and Mid-America Satellite, you can eliminate the clutter caused by wires and multiple cable boxes or satellite TV receivers in every room. How? By connecting multiple TVs, using a wireless connection, to one HD DVR. You can put your TVs anywhere in your home, even outside, with the DIRECTV Genie and DIRECTV Wireless Mini Genie.
- Eliminate Cable Clutter
- With DIRECTV using the Wireless Genie Mini and Genie, you can eliminate messing cable wires and boxes, enjoying a full HD DVR experience on every TV without the clutter.1
- Move Your TV Anywhere
- With the DIRECTV Genie and Wireless Genie Mini, you don't have to let your cable outlet dictate where your TV goes. You can move your TV anywhere, within a room, to a different room, even outside.2
- Wirelessly Connect More than One TV to One HD DVR
- Record, pause and rewind live television, as well as fast forward and delete prerecorded shows from any room with a TV hooked to the DIRECTV Genie and Wireless Genie Mini system. You can even beginning watching a show in one room and finish in any other.1
1. Requires a Wireless Genie Mini for each additional TV or a DIRECTV Ready TV. Limit 3 remote viewings per Genie HD DVR at a time.
2 Not available on primary television, which must be connected to Genie HD DVR. Actual range of wireless signal varies and may be affected by several factors including, but not limited to: home construction materials, obstructions, electromagnetic interference and other environmental factors. Connections of Wireless Genie Mini to TV and power source are required. For residential use in a single household only.
Remote viewing requires a Genie Mini (C31, C41 or C41W Client) or DIRECTV Ready TV for each additional room. Additional fees apply. Requires a Genie HD DVR (model HR34 or higher) connected to the primary television, a Wireless Genie Mini (model C41W Client or higher) in each additional room, and a Wireless Video Bridge. Limit of three remote viewings per Genie HD DVR at a time. Visit directv.com/technology/genie for complete details.
DIRECTV Genie™ and Wireless Genie Mini (WGM) Features and Benefits
The DIRECTV Genie HD DVR connects to your Whole Home Network using coax wiring. The Wireless Genie Mini then connects to the Genie wirelessly, using a private, secure network created by the Wireless Video Bridge, the other part of the system. Because of this wireless connection, you can tuck the Wireless Genie Mini behind the TV and never deal with seeing inconvenient cable boxes and unsightly wires ever again.
Here are some additional features and benefits of the DIRECTV Genie and Wireless Genie Mini.Five Tuners
- With five tuners, you can record up to five programs of your choice at the same time on one DIRECTV Genie
- All of these programs are recorded in HD and accessible via one central HD DVR
Full HD DVR Connectivity in Every Room
- Every room connected with the DIRECTV Genie and Wireless Genie Minis allows you to pause and rewind live TV.
- You can record and delete shows in every connected room.
- Watch the same recorded TV show in up to four connected rooms simultaneously.
- Watch DIRECTV On Demand Programming in every room.1
- Store up to 200 hours of HD programming.
- Store up to 800 hours of SD programming.
- You won't have to delete your favorite shows to make room for new ones with our extensive storage, as much as 1 Terabyte (TB).
RVU and DIRECTV Ready Technology
- One DIRECTV Genie receiver serves your entire home.
- The DIRECTV Wireless Genie Mini is small enough to tuck away out of view, enabling you to enjoy HD DVR service in every room, without seeing the receiver or unsightly wires.2
- Connect up to 8 Genie Minis to a single Genie HD DVR.3
- DIRECTV Ready TVs can also be connected without a wireless Genie Mini.3
- Watch two shows at once without changing the channel on the TV directly connected to your HD DVR.
- Schedule recordings up to a year in advance.
- Watch, pause, rewind and fast-forward shows on two channels at the same time on the TV directly connected to your DIRECTV Genie HD DVR.
- On certain programs, start programs from the beginning if you tune in late.
- For certain programs, you can catch up on past episodes as far back as five weeks.
- Opt in to Genie Recommends to get recording options for new shows that match your preferences.
- Discover new shows based on what you've watched and recorded before.
1 Requires an Internet-connected Genie HD DVR (model HR34 or higher) connected to the primary television, a Wireless Genie Mini (model C41W Client or higher) in each additional room, and a Wireless Video Bridge. Limit of three remote viewings per Genie HD DVR at a time.
2 Requires a Wireless Genie Mini or a DIRECTV Ready TV for each additional room.
3 Limit of three remote viewings per Genie HD DVR at a time. Visit directv.com/technology/genie for complete details.